9/17/2004

Some things I might have posted if only I blogged earlier

7/17/04

Those who are saying that they lose their thoughts while intoxicated are overrated. Maybe because it is the first time I passed the queasy level to puke mode that is why I still had enough strength and sanity to record my thoughts – although almost incomprehensible but with near perfect grammar – on paper says something about my fortitude. (Or lack of. The mere fact that you reached intoxication means that you could not control your intake. – JP 8/12/04)

As I write, the sun is up, the roosters outside are crowing, the radio is on autopilot, and I am suffering from one massive headache. Now, is this what they call the hangover? I am hating this experience so far.

Makes me want to regret that I initiated this as the seniority of the publication amongst newbies. And I still lack approximately two hours of sleep, besides the one I missed the night before.

At least I already have an idea on what they say as “The Emperador” as one sly enemy. There were times during the morning I want to shit when I could not and I want to vomit the alcohol out and I could not. Damm.

Seems that the stomach was the first to go, then the brain. I could still lay claim that I had control of the situation somewhat. I still had enough in me to wobble into the bathroom to vomit, clean it afterwards, get out to “recover my senses”, and return to the crapper a few minutes later.

Although I was passing out and saying to myself things like, “Shit, man. Never again. I could not take it anymore,” I still had enough consciousness not to lay on the vomit-infested bathroom floor.

As I went to my sleeping position in the scant room, I could still recall rolling off the comforter onto the cold floor. I had to roll back on the comforts of the… comforter and a somewhat hard pillow. (If you are drunk, you do not really care where you end up, right? – JP 8/12/04)

Although my faculties are returning to normal somewhat, I am shivering cold, my digestive system and brain both have massive migraines , and I could not get back to sleep.

Are milk and Ovaltine a good mix for hangover? I do not want to take a risk right now. I had to settle for a Nescafe 3-in-1 and I am not particularly a coffee person. Hell with Starbucks!


Now, I have to go spit phlegm once in a while. A clear sign that I could not excrete anything anymore.

-----

7/19/04

This is had to be the weirdest 30 minutes of my life. And as
The Vines’ version of Ms. Jackson blares on the radio, my left chest suddenly felt pain. How appropriate. But that isn’t my tale today.

I called her up midnight giving the excuse that I had to do some accounting regarding our expenses during our exposure trip, which is just half of the purpose of my ringing her. After clearing that up, came the hard part.

My knees suddenly felt weak and without realizing it, I was already sitting on the sitting on the floor. My throat was turning dry, I was stuttering, and what’s worse, I was speaking English like a friggin’ drunk!

Then came the words out of my mouth, “I… like…you.”

She replied with an, “Oh,” then it went dead air for quite some time. Then I repetitively asked, “Yes? What?”

She countered, “That sure was easy,” and out came a slight snicker.

“Do you need an answer to that right now?” she inquired. “No… you… may… take… your time,” I slowly answered.

“I need to deliberate on that first and you’ll hear from me on Wednesday.”

“See, we would eventually meet this Wednesday.”

The conversation pretty much went like that. What does she mean by that? I mean, I was the first one who offered to meet that Wednesday, but she insisted that I spill the beans right there and then. Now, it is she who asked for an extension. (Ah, females. – JP, 8/12/04)

She reasoned that she does not want to think about it for two days, and now, she had me thinking what she would say two days after. How fast the tables were turned.

It is like TY Tang bringing down the ball for the Archers. Seeing everything in control, he assesses the situation. Suddenly, from out of the blue comes out LA Tenorio, and with a quick swipe to the leather, the ball is already his.

In retrospect: busted!

-----

8/7/04

I have been swindled a lot of times this week. Actually, the more proper term is shortchanged. Twice this past six days I didn’t get my change from the bus conductor or jeepney driver. That’s lousy, I say.

Don’t tell me a lot of thoughts are in my mind again. Come on, please. Let me recover! I don’t want to be absent-minded my whole life!

This is taking its toll on me. My being absent-minded, I mean. All the while I I thought I already lost my ‘Usher’ cap and I dropped my lip balm from my pants pocket.

But God is good. I later found out that my cap is with my friend. I forgot it in her house after spending a night there. Just because I was all in a hurry to go to the game which I needed to cover.

It was worth it, though. It went to overtime. One-point victory. Hooray! The second game was a classic. Remind me to kill LA Tenorio the next time we meet.

My lip balm, on the other hand, was just on my bed back in Manila. Two down.
As for my lost change, as I said, God is good. I never recall putting a 20-peso bill in one of my bag’s pockets, but there it was. Hooray!

Better yet, I have a new big bag. As in it’s BIG! Hooray #3! Hey, if I have insecurities with myself, might as well show it through subtle means rather than buying a car to compensate with what I don’t have, right? Hehehe…

-----

8/12/04

Obviously, some OS’s here have issues with downward compatibility… My diskette works fine here in my PC. Or is somebody trying to screw me up?

-----
8/12/04
Hot off the news (not anymore – JP 10/13/04): the University of the East Red Warriors gave the Ateneo de Manila University Blue Eagles their first loss in the 2004 UAAP men’s basketball eliminations, 64-59. Somebody up there loves the Lasallians.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?