WPBL 2008 PG Flex Linoleum Cup appreciation list
2. Oracle-Benilde Cool Blazers – another duh moment here. Good thing Leonette Salvacion is playing for this squad.
3. Smart Buddy-UP – Jonas Terrado likes this team for Sai Sadorra, TJ Jurado for Fille Cainglet, while I have my eyes on Danielle Bautista. And oh yeah, Jac Cruz is on the roster.4. Ever Bilena Gandang Pinay – hooray for De La Salle Patriot Emma Morada for making it to the final cut!
5. Muscle Tape-Lyceum Pirates – what, no Machiko Matsuno? Boo, you! Heard she has a heart problem. That could be fixed. *wink* *wink*
6. Xtreme Magic Sing-RP Youth – what I like with the national juniors squad is that despite the handicap, they fight until the end.
7. Discovery Suites-RP Team – this National squad is an enigma to me. No Matsuno, no Fil-Foreigners. And is that gangling Chinese naturalized yet?
8. Mail and More Comets – I have no idea who their players are.
9. Oracle-Far Eastern Tamaraws – Romero and Montinola tie-up here. Get back to me when the memorandum of understanding is already done.
10. Nutri-C-Ateneo Eagles – oh, come on. Where else do you think I would put them?
PBL 2008 PG Flex Linoleum Cup appreciation list
1. Toyota Otis Sparks – my favourite team from players to head coach to consultant. I feel no hate with Letran, Jose Rizal, De La Salle, and Mapua players.
2. Pharex Generix – kinda forgot why they are my second favoured team. Must be because they look good on paper and that they have upside. They are also scrappy and uptempo.
3. Harbour Centre Batang Pier – sure, the roster has Rico Nuts, Peejay Barua, and Jerwin Gaco. But teaming with up with Far Eastern University leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I feel betrayed.
4. Bacchus Energy Warriors – the moniker change should have been a giveaway. It is University of the East sans Dindo Pumaren. Do I smell something cooking here or is it just me?
5. Magnolia Purewater Wizards – team unheralded always they are. Trademark of a typical Koy Banal squad.
6. Hapee Complete Protectors – while they do not have Ateneans save for Chris Tiu on paper and Jobe Nkemakolam, I will put them above Burger King just because the head coach is a Lasallian.
7. Burger King Stunners – here is something apparent, a BK-San Beda College tie-up. Boo, you!