4/10/2005

Akala mo bagay tayo, hindi pala…

It’s one of those “Kami na, hindi lang niya alam” moments, but it’s the other way around. It’s “Kami pala, hindi ko alam”. Cute, but not quite.

It’s like this. There’s this acquaintance of mine who I met some years ago. One of the first people I got to know since transferring from one green school to the other.

She left for a nursing college in some far-off province in Northern Luzon a year later. Daddy reasons, she said.

We had a sporadic correspondence using technology from thereon. Naturally flirty although initially reserved, she made advances using SMS. I just took it in stride, saying to myself she couldn’t bother me outright since she’s miles away.

Then she had internship in the local mental hospital (that’s the National Institute for Mental Health in Mandaluyong for you). We met, we had a tryst. Nothing follows. I said I had issues to settle that time.

After I got my new phone, I had renew contacts with everybody, including her. At that time, I was settling my ghosts with the Hale girl. But determined to move on, I gave her another try.

But somehow, our schedules don’t fit. She’s in Crame when I’m in Cavite, or I’m in Manila when she’s in Bacoor. Nice.

We then had a falling out when we argued on what path I should take in the near future, yes, over SMS. A few days later, she SMSed that she wants to break it off.

Tayo pala? Hindi ko alam. Now I know why I keep ending up on a mess the past few weeks.

It’s not that she’s a bad person or anything. She just tends to be… clingy. And the distance is killing me. And the last time I got to touch even a strand of hair from her was when she doing intern last summer.

Now that I realized it, I’m trying to do the same thing to someone who’s a plane ride away (or two days by boat), who’s also taking up Nursing (unfortunately, in a sister school of some deep BLUE something). And I expect her to be ‘accommodating’ to me when the last time we met was when my aunt died which was three aeons ago?

Now I know why this also is ending up as a mess. Karma’s kicking in and it just gave me a 30-yard field goal.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?