5/19/2005

Here comes the rain again

Witnessed a light and sound spectacle middle of the week courtesy of your local thunderstorm. It helped that I was on bed and the lights were off.

I could see the sparks from the jalousied windows and since I had no depth perception from my angle, every other lightning seemed just came directly outside. It helped that there was construction going on next door and the exposed steel might have attracted the megawatt-powered forces of nature.

As I lie there, with my eyes half-open to absorb the natural phenomenon while at the same time closing them to relish the rolling thunder (I could 'see' the lightning even if my eyes are closed), I tried to recall when was the last time I witnessed a thunderstorm. Quite a long time really. At least the last one that sticked. It helped that my aunt's household help was screaming after every lightning flash.

Yes, senti mode on.

Also experienced my first rain inconvenience. Was on my way to school. My stop was nearby but drops were pelting like stones and rocks thrown by a mob on a mad riot. Had to run to the nearest jeep.

Even if we are still experiencing mid-30 temperatures, I now declare the rainy season open. Don't ever believe the local weather station. It's better to trust your window. And I'm not referring to the Bill Gates kind.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?