6/17/2005

Back to school

You know school’s around the corner when you dream of uh… school in successive nights. Nocturnal visions of religion classes in weird classrooms, joining the Paul Cyrus Adapon Secret Society, looking for my course cards in Don Bosco, it’s just all weird.

One time I dreamt that I have a class in an obscure part of the campus. One of my classmates is my neighbor who was my schoolmate back in high school. The room seemed to be situated in some dark corner beside the canteen, or at least what appears to be a canteen. An open-air canteen. More like the ‘isaw’ corners you can find in UP Diliman.

Then there was this one time I met Glen in school. He was back from the States, apparently picking up the pieces after a rocky relationship. Please don’t let this be a premonition. He just got married.

Chatted for a while, then went our own ways, with me ending up at an obscure part of Busko. I have been there for more than seven years of my life, so I should know every nook and cranny by now. Apparently, there are still parts that I haven’t seen yet, particularly, what looked to be the ‘lost section’ of the Old Building.

It was so isolated I almost got locked in this chapel. Good thing I spotted one the sacristans and called his attention not to close the gigantic door.

As I approached, he looked kind of familiar, just couldn’t put a name to the face. I meekly asked for the way out. Good thing I did, but not before passing some dark passages. Eeek.

Another time, I was gypped into joining some fraternity group terror teacher Cyrus Adapon II put up. I know I was in school for another business.

We were initiated right there and then. Guess what they asked us to do. Go around campus singing the alma mater hymn repetitively. Good thing no one was around.

The catch is, I caught myself and the other neophytes singing the De La Salle alma mater hymn. To those not in the know, Adapon, the last time I heard, was the CAT core commander or something and that he was the assistant to the Assistant Principal of Technological something-something. Forgot what APTA stands for. Haven’t been to Busko for the last six or seven years, except for the annual homecoming.

Anyway, we ended up in weird parts of the school. In a dark corner, we were asked to huddle up and someone commented that they have lots of new recruits that year. Without lifting my gaze, I remarked that most of us are fourth years and would graduate that year. I heard a smirk, looked up, and saw Adapon’s younger brother, Paul Cyrus Adapon IV. I told you this was some grand conspiracy.

And that wasn’t the only Don Bosco-De La Salle connection dream I had. The last one, just last night, I was looking for my De La Salle-Dasma course cards in Busko and the teachers who were giving me the grades were from Don Bosco. How would they know my performance if they haven’t been to any of my classes? How weird is that?

Obviously, I didn’t find my course cards, except for one or two probably.

And before I forget, there was this one time I was organizing a bigtime intrams competition in Don Bosco. It got rained out.

Sheesh.

-----

My dreams have become so vivid lately I thought they were actual events.

Saw a vision of the soon-to-happen WWE Draft Lottery. It was a grand event. Just like the WWE Hall of Fame presentation. There was a stage with a red curtain behind. In front were the top 15 wrestlers both from SmackDown and Raw, separated by a podium in the middle.

There were six long tables, five on each, and the tables at the back elevated, just like how it is arranged during the NBA Draft Lottery. I could clearly recall JBL in his white cowboy hat and black jacket, dressed as if for action.

As the camera panned, I saw a wrestler with the name in front of him is ‘An Cena’. He didn’t look like the current WWE Heavyweight Champion, but there he is.

The air was tense, and no one budged from their seats. Then Shane McMahon appeared behind the podium and named the superstars who would switch sides.

He started with SmackDown and enumerated the six wrestlers who would go to Raw. He began calling them one by one, the camera giving them a closeup. Then I heard An Cena’s name being announced.

I heard a loud gasp coming from me and from the crowd. We couldn’t believe what just happened. Who is this no-namer namesake that would transfer to Raw?
Nah… this wouldn’t happen in real life, right Vince?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?