8/03/2005

Here’s how Murphy’s works...

...and screws the duration of your day.

I woke up quite early not really hurrying since my ‘prelim exam’ is still in the afternoon. Besides, I have to finish ‘agonizing’ with Pump, Eric Ramos’ renegade men’s magazine.

For a maiden issue, it packed a punch, but like all first time escapades, it still has lot of ground to cover. There were parts of the magazine where the layout was shaky. A section of Chynna’s interview was barely readable. I think I didn’t get to read what it says. Picture this: black text on black background.

After straining my eyes for about two hours (welcome back, El Gimikero), I went down to do my usual stuff. It was around 11-ish at that time. The tv was on, but no one was watching, so I switched to Solar Sports, and timed a WNBA game. New York Liberty against the Phoenix Mercury. Taurasi rocks!

Unfortunately, once I went into the bathroom, the helpers quickly reverted it back to Rubi. My luck.

Left at about 12 noon. No way in hell could I catch my exam. But I went as well. An excuse for me to blog hop and marvel at the wonder called
Bloglines.

I was running short with money and I did my best to stretch 15 bucks from Imus to Dasma. I forgot how I did it, but I’m sure I got screwed somewhere along the way. Thanks for temporary amnesia. This should have been the case with the rest of my baaad memories. Just like sheep. Baaa! Unfortunately though, the rest of the day is now part of the cache of my virtual memory. Argh!

I couldn’t get much momentum using the HF PCs since I don’t have the usual clout I had. Then, it’s also a perfect excuse to stretch my bones once in a while. Now that I mentioned it, it’s all coming back now.

Since it was a Friday and I didn’t have anything particular to do the following day since I don’t have a class because it was exam week, I was looking for a way, as I said, to stretch my limited budget, and at the same find an excuse not to stay in Imus for the night. I was thinking of crashing Rei’s dorm again.

I brought all of my stuff, lugged it all to HF, asked Rei if I could stay for the night in his place, and got denied. Familial issues. Self-explanatory.

Since I was already late for my 12nn exam, I engaged myself with Bloglines. Since I was using the editorial PC, I had to stand up once in a while to accommodate the staff which has more pertinent matters to do.

The day passed without much of a hitch except that I burned DLSU-D’s bandwidth. And there was a time, if I remember it right, the internet crashed for a few minutes.

It was 8:30pm and I had nowhere to go. Since my I had no choice and my dilemma of looking for a place to watch WWE Vengeance was solved, I hurried back to Imus to catch the start of the PPV.

Mathematically, it is possible to travel from Dasma to Imus via Aguinaldo Highway in 30 minutes or less at that time of the night since traffic is usually relatively lighter. However, upon arriving at Robinson’s Imus, the buhos traffic is at its tailend and it took me 20 minutes to arrive at Equitable-PCI.

I reached the jeepney terminal and all the drivers were huddled in front of the tv. Guess what they are watching. Shelton Benjamin gaining momentum from Carlito Carribean Cool in their WWE Intercontinental match. Now I had to hurry double time.

I reached Imus in time to catch the third match. The second was so short I missed it. Victoria-Christy Hemme. Nothing much there except to settle a feud and to say that the divas have a storyline working since Lita has an ongoing angle with Edge and Women’s Champion Trish Stratus is out with an injury. How lame is that. Your champion is injured.

To end the day, I fell asleep while watching the main event, the Hell in a Cell world heavyweight championship match between Batista and Triple H, the last one Batista would have before transferring to SmackDown!

Oh well, it’s Triple H, it has become a stimulus-response to me. H enters the ring for the final bout for the night, I fall asleep. Also happens to JBL sometimes.

Anyway, that was my day. Save for the Braves loss against the D-backs, Saturday went ok. The Archers won their first game I didn’t get to see live in the venue, and thank goodness I didn’t go. If ever, I would end up at the wrong venue and screw things some more.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?