8/09/2005

Perspectives

Let me get this. The current batch of froshies were just five years old when Kurt Cobain took his own life more than a decade ago. It shouldn’t have been a surprise they don’t know who the Smashing Pumpkins are.

This occurred to me when fellow ‘ancient’
Spider played the Pumpkins’ Today in the HF PC CD (I’m on acronym streak, yay!) player, and we were greeted by a blank gaze courtesy of Krizzia, one of the froshie HF apprentice staff.

In short, stop messing with the kids. They are already jail bait if I hook up with any one of them.

But then, there’s something unique with this new generation (if I may call them as such) of HF staff, especially the female of the species. They are uhm... more liberated and more outspoken?

They already know how to play the flirting game. When I was 16, I was still oblivious to the so-called opposite sex, the fact that I spent my formative years in an exclusive Catholic boys (currently it’s gay) school.

Whatever happened to the demure Maria Claras of the past? My contemporaries are most likely hooked up, engaged, or happily living the single road while working in some obscure call center somewhere. The luckier ones are either abroad or have already taken over the family business. Or like me, they are bums.

I need to graduate... and fast! What’s the connection, you say?

Nothing, really. Just a sign for me to move on.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?