4/05/2006

2006 F1 drivers app list

1. Michael Schumacher (GER – Ferrari) – as long as he’s still racing, he’s on top of my list.

2. Felipe Massa (BRA – Ferrari) – and the de facto second driver of Ferrari gets second spot by default.

3. Fernando Alonso (ESP – Renault) – got to give it to him. Youngest F1 driver champion ever. Made the 2005 season interesting even if it was one of the worst in my list.

4. Ralf Schumacher (GER – Toyota) – must be the last name.

5. Takuma Sato (JPN – Super Aguri) – I just love the spunk of this Japanese driver. He’s aggressive even when he’s driving slow cars. That’s why there’s always a slot in him in the starting grid.

6. Scott Speed (USA – Toro Rosso) – first heard him in A1 and his surname caught my attention immediately.

7. Nico Rosberg (GER – Williams) – initially was way down in my list for being an unknown. But after a superb performance in the Malaysian Grand Prix, he made heads turn, mine included.

8. Jenson Button (GBR – Honda) – he is part of the new wave of F1 drivers that I admire.

9. Reubens Barrichello (BRA – Honda) – don’t feel bad. At least you are still in the top 10.

10. Jarno Trulli (ITA – Toyota) – someone I interchange with Fissichella for being Italian.

11. Giancarlo Fissichella (ITA – Renault) – someone I interchange with Trulli for being Italian.

12. Nick Heidfeld (GER – BMW Sauber) – used to be in my top 5 during his early years. Has fallen in my radar after so-so performances. Must be the car. Man, he’s super loyal.

13. Mark Webber (AUS – Williams) – this former Minardi driver has hit pay dirt. Must be because he was able to survive that “attritious” Australian Grand Prix where there were only ten cars left running and he scored a point after placing sixth. That, if I’m correct, would be Minardi’s only point for that season. I wonder what he has that Alex Yoong didn’t have that’s why the Malaysian had to contend himself driving in A1. At least Yoong reached podium driving for Malaysia.

14. Christijan Albers (NED – Midland) – brownie points for having the courage to steer F1’s slowest car.

15. Tiago Monteiro (POR – Midland) – same as above.

16. Christian Klein (AUT – Red Bull) – used to drive for a backmarker. I guess he still is.

17. Jacques Villenueve (CAN – BMW Sauber) – I don’t know why he’s this down low. I guess he should realize that he should move on. Michael Schumacher is contemplating retirement in two to three years, why not him also?

18. Kimi Raikonnen (FIN – McLaren Mercedes) – in the three-way fight last year, someone has to be the heel. Plus McLaren isn’t one of my likeable cars.

19. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL –McLaren Mercedes) – I used to like Montoya a lot more. But he sold his soul to be in McLaren.

20. Yuji Ide (JPN – Super Aguri) – prove your worth and see yourself rise on my list.

21. Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA – Toro Rosso) – who’s this guy? Whatever happened to more familiar names like Jos Verstappen?

22. David Coulthard (GBR – Red Bull) – and he’s the reason why I’m not interested with McLaren. Or does this go back to the time when he was the second driver behind Mika Hakinnen?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?