4/24/2006

2006 NBA playoffs first round predictions

First game results notwithstanding

Western Conference

Spurs (1) vs. Kings (8)

As much as I appreciate what Ron Artest is doing in his new home, I like Manu Ginobili more.

Prediction: Spurs in 5

Suns (2) vs. Lakers (7)

Come on… this is an easy choice. Kobe scored 81 on just one game. And the reigning MVP would prove that winning that award last year was no fluke.

Predicion: Suns in 4

Nuggets (3) vs. Clippers (6)

Meanwhile, the other Los Angeles team… I like. But then, you have Marcus Camby and Melo at the other side. But someone’s luck has to run out. Denver had it easier this year as compared to last year when they had San Antonio in the first round. The consolation for the Clippers is that regardless what happens in their playoff run, this is a statement season for them.

Prediciton: Nuggets in 6

Mavericks (4) vs. Grizzlies (5)

Interesting matchup over here. I may like Cuban but I don’t still like his team. But he’s been very, very lucky. And for that, I’ll give the series to him.

Prediction: Mavericks in 6

Eastern Conference

Pistons (1) vs. Bucks (8)

Nyargh! As much as I want Detroit to be eliminated as early as the first round, that’s just not going to happen. Besides, I prefer to have a Detroit-Indiana in the conference finals.

Prediction: Pistons in 4

Heat (2) vs. Bulls (7)

Here’s the scenario. Unlike with the Western Conference, where I’m pretty much indifferent except for the Spurs and the Suns, everything that happens in the East should revolve around the Pacers, provided that they hurdle the Nets, which I believe they could.

The Bulls, on paper, would be an easier opponent for the Pacers. However, Indiana won their season series against Miami.

If I feel upset-happy, I’ll put my money on Chicago. When I want to play safe, I’ll bet for the Heat.

Prediction: Heat in 6/Bulls in 7

Nets (3) vs. Pacers (6)

Should I still have to put comments on this series? Remember the 2002 first round encounter of these two teams? That was a classic. It would happen again, but this time, the outcome would be different.

Prediction: Pacers in 7

Cavaliers (4) vs. Wizards (5)

LeBron James’s first playoff would be an eventful one. I like Caron Butler but Gilbert Arenas is such an ass.

Prediction: Cavaliers in 6

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?