6/22/2007

ultimate imba

I was already warned, but I did not heed it. Because of that, I am now suffering from the aches and pains.

Ultimately, ultimate is ultimate. But hey, this was the rush I was looking for ever since I last played competitive football.

Sure, I got to play in the Pex Basketball League, but that tournament did not last. And yeah, I did get to swim representing the college in the intramurals, but my body was not conditioned to traverse an Olympic-sized swimming pool that time.

I feel that I am more ready now. Have lost about 40lbs the last three years and counting. I am currently in my ideal playing weight of 140-145lbs.

Other than that, all that brisk walking from the corner of Recto and Legarda to the FEU gym and sprinting/running/jogging from the PUJ stop to our gate during the time I was covering the Nike Summer League might have done some good.

Still, I was not prepared for what I had to endure with an hour and a half of a pick-up game of ultimate. Considering that the pace was already slowed down. I could not catch my breath.

Nevertheless, with physical endeavors like these, results do not come out until a month or so. Just like what I experienced in my first few sessions of salsa.

That being said, you know where to find me next Wednesday night after I am done with my coverage for the NCAA basketball games.

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?