1/07/2008

Headlines today and yesterday

Green is gone, back in black

After all the hysteria of a vindicated collegiate basketball season and the end of the Christmas holidays at the Feast of the Magi, the temporary green locks is shaved off for a more natural hue. That social experiment served two purposes: a one-time only experience for me (besides showing my school's colors at the climax of the hoop season) and actually quantify the velocity of my hair growth.

The one-time experience is self-explanatory. As for the other one, I was always suspect that the mane advancement rate was unusually faster for me than the average Joe next door. This came to my attention when it takes a female friend of mine YEARS before she gets a major. In between, she gets herself permed and made up but these are just reserved for special events like graduation and the like, and I surmise, the occassional trimming.

I, on the other hand, have to commit to have my locks getting scissored at least twice annually lest I end up looking like a short-haired rock star fresh out of bed minus the equally groggy female groupie.

For those who want to keep count, from 11pm of September 12, 2007 (the eve of the quite historic 14-0 sweep of the University of the East Red Warriors in UAAP men's basketball), up to 10pm of January 6, 2008 my strands grew approximately three centimeters during that period. This does not count the few millimeters that got snipped for aesthetic reasons.

Three centimeters may be nothing but tell that to the 50m freestyle Olympic swimmer who was just a tap short between a gold and a silver medal.

-----

Seahawks upend Washington in a flurry of a fourth quarter
Finding myself awake after an hour of snooze after attending the BU EBaks, I turned on the tv to catch just in time the fourth quarter of the Seattle Seahwaks-Washington Redskins NFC wild card game. The score read 13-0 in favour of the Seahwaks.

Going back after a few minutes of a Mythbusters replay, the score was already 14-13 for Washington with just barely four minutes off the clock. Seeing a lot has happened when I was gone, I decided to stick to the game until the end. Guess what. Every moment was a delight to watch.

Recovering from an interception, Seattle forced the Redskins to punt deep in their territory for a touchdown and a two-point conversion for a seven-point margin. On the next run, Marcus Trufant intercepted a long pass intended for Santana Moss then ran down the field for another TD. The former Super Bowl champs then added salt to the wound by scoring another touchdown from an interception as time was winding down.

All in all, both teams combined for 36 points in the final 15 minutes after scoring just a paltry 13 in the first three periods.

That surely kept me awake while at the same time made me anticipate the New England Patriots making history some more.

-----

Unlitxt SMS count (includes balance check and messages sent to other networks)
1/4, 1830H - 1/5, 2000H - 295
1/5, 2100H - 1/6, 2230H - 563

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?