5/02/2009

The PBL Unity Cup non-ranked list

Every time I look at the current roster of the PBL teams, I just say to myself, “What the heck.” Partly because the truncated season is already beyond its halfway mark. Five teams with 20 players in the roster at most. Are they baseball teams or what?

Since Oracle has also already solidified its claim for the first semifinals seed, it is up to the four other squads to determine which gets the other one. Which leads me to asking myself, “Is it still worth doing this?”

Come to think of it, no team actually strikes me as appealing.

1
Oracle Residences and Dorms Titans – that is a mouthful of a team name. Then again, they have a mouthful of a squad also with the core being made up of former Harbour Centre cagers. What Oracle mostly picked from the dispersal draft are former Toyota players. So, unofficially, this is an Oracle-Toyota conglomerate. Tell me now, how can you beat two teams? Even if they have the most number of players presently absent because they are training for the Smart Gilas RP Team in Las Vegas.

2
Magnolia Purewater Wizards – to make it easier for me, let us just do it in the order they finished in the PBL PG Flex Linoleum Cup. Al Magpayo is injured and so is Jonathan Banal. Who else is likeable in the team? Neil Pascual and Marvin Hayes maybe.

3
Cobra Energy Drink Warriors – team UE. Growing weary of collecting offseason collegiate titles, the Warriors are now targeting the PBL. Nice.

4
Licealiz Shampoo Hair Doctors – this is an automatic entrant to the ‘weird team names’ list. I tell you, a lot of PBL franchises are guilty of this. It always gives me a laugh whenever I think that Chris Tiu plays in this squad. I mean Chris Tiu and Licealiz in the same sentence. Would it not be funny?

5
Pharex Bidang Generix – the thrust was on chemistry and the management decided to stick with the core. With the rollercoaster that is the second to fifth teams in the standings, I guess the Bidang Generix are still at the thick of the fight. Not bad.

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?